Thursday, 30 June 2016
1. Safety in the community: Please see the attached letter with safety reminders for the summer.
2. What to do this summer: Still looking for summer options? Please see the following post for a list of options (Courtesy of Lesley Aitken, our Family and Parenting Centre worker)
3.IRC Classroom organization for 2016-2017 (See following post)
4. Save the Date: Our first Parent Council meeting of the 2016-17 school year will be on Tuesday, September 20, 2016. Please get involved- come out to our first meeting, where elections will be held for executive positions!
Today is a PA Day. Tomorrow is the Canada Day holiday.
On behalf of the IRC staff, I wish you all the best for a wonderful summer. Thank you to this fabulous community for another great year at IRC!
Good luck to our grade 6 graduates and all the families who are moving on. We will miss you and hope you come back to visit!
Tuesday, 21 June 2016
Some of you may know that the IRC Parent and Family Literacy Centre (PFLC) is moving to room 108 next year. Well we are in need of a little assistance. We are developing an exciting outdoor play space at the school for next year and need some heavy lifting done. There is a giant tree slice that needs to be moved into the space from the Ossington/Dundas area. We are in need of a pickup truck and some muscle to move the wood. I think the truck will need to have a ramp. If anyone is able and interested, please let Parent Worker, Lesley Aitken know or leave a message in the office before the end of school.
** We are also searching for a large wooden spool like the ones used by Toronto Hydro. Please let me know if you have any contacts I might be able to ask.**
Thursday, 16 June 2016
1. Let’s Go Blue Jays! IRC staff and students in grades 3-6 attended the Blue Jay Game yesterday and cheered our team onto a big win! A big thank you to Ms. Fenton and Ms.Hagen for organizing this school trip and for all the staff and parent volunteers who attended! It was such a success that we hope to make this an annual IRC event!
2. Me to We Fundraiser: Our Me to We group is raising funds to support a Syrian family. Thank you to the community for your generous donations so far. A reminder that donations will be collected in IRC classrooms until Friday June 17th.
3. IRC Book Fair: The Book Fair continues this week and the library is open for business each day before school and after school. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
4. Welcome to Kindergarten: We will welcome our 50+ new Junior Kindergarten students to IRC tomorrow evening, beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the school gym.
5. IRC Playday: Our Grade 1-6 Playday will take place on Wed. June 22nd, beginning at 1:00 p.m. Please see the attached flyer for more information about this year-end event.
6. Annette Public Library Contest: Attached is a flyer for an exciting contest open to students 12 years of age and under. (Register for the Summer Reading Club at any branch of Toronto Public Library IN PERSON on SATURDAY JUNE 25th to qualify to win Blue Jays tickets).
Saturday, 11 June 2016
Thursday, 9 June 2016
On behalf of the Parent Council and Fun Fair Committee, we would like to send a "BIG Thank you" to all of the Volunteers & Sponsors who made the IRC Fun Fair 2016 a huge success!
It would not have been possible without the effort and enthusiasm of so many.